Myofascial Stretching with Jim (Available Summer Hours Only)
Fascial Stretch Therapy, or FST, is an innovative system of manual, assisted stretch therapy techniques that includes joint capsule, fascial and muscular stretching to rapidly eliminate pain, improve mobility, restore impaired function, reduce recovery time & optimize athletic performance.
FST is very different than what we think of as traditional stretching or bodywork, in that it is more functional and dynamic. Unlike traditional stretching or bodywork that only attempts work on muscles, FST engages the entire myofascial system by targeting muscles as well as their neighboring joints, ligaments, tendons, and bones.
Fascia, the spider web like connective tissue found in, around, and between the joints, muscles, and ligaments is the most prevalent tissue in the body. The health and function of your muscles, joints, arteries, veins, brain, and spinal cord are all a direct result of the condition of your fascia. FST helps to “unwind” fascia, which is full of nerves, reducing pressure between joints and the pain associated with it, while releasing joint-lubricating synovial fluid that improves the flexibility of muscles.
Benefits of Fascial Stretch Therapy
- Re-aligns and re-organizes fascia to improve overall mobility.
- Can increase flexibility by up to 52% in just one session.
- Rapid, effective pain relief.
- Reduces stress.
- Eliminates trigger points.
- Improves muscle activation & relaxation.
- Improves flexibility, speed and performance in athletes.
Improves functional mobility and posture in the aging population Improves sleep quality.
- Relieves joint impingement syndromes.
- Aides in injury prevention.
Who benefits from FST?
- Professional Athletes
- Weekend Warriors
- People with tight hips or shoulders
- People who spend much of their day sitting (such as at the computer)
- People with low back pain
How Does FST work?
- Stretching sequences start with the joint capsule where up to 42% of restrictions in range of motion can occur.
- Stretches focus on lines of muscles and fascia, not just individual muscles.
- Stretches occur in multiple angles and lines of movement.
- Stretches incorporate traction and movement to more effectively increase joint space and release fascial adhesions.
- FST manipulates, lengthens, re-aligns, and re-organizes your fascia.
- FST can eliminate painful trigger points.
How Does FST work?
- Increase joint space for increased range of motion.
- Improve muscle activation and relaxation.
- Reduce injuries & improve sports performance.
- Improve flexibility with 1 session. Effects are cumulative with multiple session.
- Improve posture and functional ability.
- Relieve chronic pain.